Use this Knowledge Base for assistance getting started with Telescope. Also view FAQ’s, best practices, videos and more.
How Can We Help?
Setting-up your profile
Adding team members(admin+)
Setting Preferences and Notifications
Video: Telescope Task - Basics Tutorial
Adding a new board
Viewing all boards
Viewing Archived Boards
Creating or modifying a team
Viewing all teams
Viewing all files
Best Methods For Usage
- How do I upgrade Telescope to a higher version?
- Which browsers will Telescope function with?
- What types of files can Telescope store?
- How long does it take most people to learn all of Telescope's functions and features?
- Where does Telescope store my data and files?
- If an existing user's account is disabled, do I still get billed for that user?
- If a user forgets their email or password, what should they do?
- How long are my completed or expired(overdue) tasks kept in the system?
- How long is the data retained for an abandoned account?
- Can I add more data storage to my account?
- Can I downgrade to a lower version of Telescope?
- When does my account expire?
- Can Telescope be installed locally?
- Can I access Telescope on my mobile device?
- Does Telescope share any data or user information with third-party companies?
- Can I share my data, files or tasks with a non-user or outside guest?
- How do I change or update my CC info?
After setting up a profile, first create a team. You can build as many as you’d like, but you’ll need at least one so you can start adding users. After building a team, invite users to join your team on Telescope. They’ll receive an email after entering their info and selecting which team you want to assign them to. You can add them to multiple teams if you’d like. There are many extensive articles shown above on the Telescope Knowledge Base for more information.
Build a “test task” after watching this video. Detail your task to become familiar with all the awesome features and options. Remember to add extras like details, notes, start/end dates, custom tags, tag colors, subtasks, files, priorities. Be sure to select the blue “play” button in the Task Window to run the task. You can always pause your task at a later time for any reason. After you’ve built a few tasks, practice adding a board and viewing from the calendar. Encourage your users to do the same. This will help everyone get into a natural rhythm of using Telescope.
Remember: Telescope is built with open-ended capabilities in workflow- there is no one, two or twenty specific ways to use the system. Try experimenting with categorizing different teams and boards by name, plus explore further organizational options like tag names and tag colors. You can use teams as departments, clients or contractors. Entire boards can be used as projects, large assignments or project phases. All versions have five unique levels of user credentials to delegate work or limit access. It’s also a good idea to schedule a free, live product demo with one of our experts. We can even help you spitball different usage methods!